Chasing Contentment

Saturday, October 28


We've spent the day painting the kids' rooms, and they turned out really cute. Eliza got the pink room she wanted. I took Aleece's suggestion and used a shower puff to do the darker pink. Then, I mixed that color with a little of Griff's red to get an even darker pink for Eliza to stamp a few flowers onto the wall. With her pink canopy, I think the whole room looks really groovy.

Griff had specific ideas about his room. He drew out the design on a sheet of paper and colored it just so. I traced a Monster Disc to get the circles on the wall, and I painted the outlines, but Griff painted the rest. He seems very pleased with how things worked out.
We tease that if something ever happened to Mike, I'd never let the kids do anything even remotely, possibly dangerous. But if anything ever happened to me, he'd never let them do anything crazy like paint green flames on their walls.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, October 28, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

The rooms look great! Eliza's is so perfect for her. Griff's is a big leap from your original plan, but seems very fitting. For being such a science & math geek, he can surprise you with that artistic side sometimes.

Now that you're in the painting mood, how about coming and working on some of our white walls?

Love y'all!

By Blogger Joshua G., at 8:03 PM  

Gorgeous. Very creative Chel. I bet they felt like a million bucks when the rooms were finished. Good for you!

By Blogger Catez, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment