Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, November 8

Monday evening, I stood in my kitchen, and I told Mike that I wanted to go home. But it feels like I'm limbo, without a home. This house, with its white walls, doesn't feel like home. And the little old house in Louisiana with its richly colored walls isn't mine anymore, as there's a little old lady living in it and putting odd monkey statues on the front porch.

Not my finest moment, I admit.

And even as I sobbed and told Mike all of these feelings of loneliness and longing that I've tried to bottle up inside of me, I still knew that this is where we need to be. And so, there's my continual feeling of not being quite settled. I'm still in a bit of a life limbo.

Something about this picture of Eliza reminds me of how I feel some days. Everyone loves a brown eyed girl... even when she's standing in the kitchen and the storm-clouds of tears are showing in those big brown eyes.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, November 08, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment