Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, November 21

Thanksgiving is my mother's favorite holiday. I like Thanksgiving, too, but for different reasons. In my opinion, Thanksgiving is good mostly because it's a portal to Christmas. And I love Christmas.

But I am aware of the blessings we have been given this year, and I want to make note of some of them, if only to remind myself of the wonderful and not just the difficult of this past year.

I'm grateful that Griff accepted Christ as his Savior and that Mike and I were able to be part of that experience. I was humbled by that.

I'm grateful that Mike successfully defended his dissertation and received his Ph.D. Oh, geez, how thankful I am for that! I am remarkably proud of him.

I'm grateful for this new job of his, this new opportunity for him that allowed him to be the catalyst that removed us from a bad situation. I'm also thankful that he's really enjoying this new job.

I'm grateful for my new job which pays the mortgage and in which I seem to be doing reasonably well. I'm grateful my kids both seem to be adjusting really well.

Mostly, I'm grateful for the friends I left behind who have kept in touch and have supported me so generously in this move. I'm thankful for the hope that I'll have new friends here.

I'm thankful, too, for...
cool night breezes in an open window and warm comforters on a comfy bed...
Starbucks chai lattes...
good books...
church services...
inside jokes...
fake toenails...
email...
unlimited cell phone minutes...
little boy hugs & little girl kisses...
the opportunity to be loved by Mike...
family...
a new home for an old dog...
pretty jewelry...
words strung together happily on a page...
Christmas presents to give...
photographs...
memories...
love.

Happy Thanksgiving a day or so early.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, November 21, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment