Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, December 12

Last year at Christmastime, I wrote what I thought was a sweet holiday story. I thought this year that I'd do the same, and I'm attempting it, but I'm just not getting anywhere with it. At least not anywhere good, I don't think.

I think that it's possible that I'm losing my touch. If I spend all day not writing anything and my evenings doing third grade homework and trying to figure out if I've missed the shows I'd like to watch or if they won't come on until after I'd like to be in bed (I hate EST), I'm not getting a lot of practice.

Is writing like riding a bicycle? You always know how? Or is it more a use it or lose it kind of thing? If this short story is any indication, I'm better off on the bike.

But I'm determined to finish it at the very least. And to let someone read it when it's finished, even if I only email it to a few friends. That's my pledge to me.

Come the new year, I think my pledge to me is going to be to find a rhythm to this new life that allows me to do some things for me that I just haven't found time for yet... walking on the treadmill in the garage, reading more, writing, studying my Bible, taking more bubble baths.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, December 12, 2006  ]
[   4 comments  ]


4 Comments:

Praying for you :) Just ask the Lord what He wants you to do :)
HUGS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

Praying for you :) Just ask the Lord what He wants you to do :)
HUGS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

Praying for you :) Just ask the Lord what He wants you to do :)
HUGS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment