Chasing Contentment

Friday, December 29

My family loves fresh strawberries. We eat tons of them in March and April when they're in season (in Louisiana). Last year, we were at my family's house in Arkansas around that time of year and Mike and I went to dinner with my brother and his wife. When deciding about dessert, Mike asked if the berries were fresh. My brother just laughed. "Um, no. Not for another two or three months." And then we all laughed about our warm-weather Cajun home.


And now, we've discovered something even better. Fresh, local strawberries that look and smell and taste like heaven ... in December! We're going to have strawberries and ice cream tonight and pancakes with strawberries for breakfast and ... on and on. Yum.

We are finding lots to like about Florida. December berries are high on my list.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, December 29, 2006  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment