Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day.
My dear Mike didn't get me a card this morning. Of course, he's got this golden touch. So he came home with this fabulous gift that only I would love. And I do love it.

But in the spirit of fun and romance...

I tell these silly, annoying, very Chel-and-Mike stories about the two of us, and both Mandy and Aleece have mentioned how they miss hearing all of those all the time. So, for them, here's our latest really great funny story.

Remember the episode of "Everyone Loves Raymond" (yeah, Mandy, I know Mike's Ray) where the two of them left the suitcase on the stairwell forever in a passive-aggressive insistence that the other one take it upstairs? Well, we've got our own little suitcase going on.

Except it's a trashcan full of dryer lint. Gross but true.

There's this tiny little trashcan in the laundry room & when I clean the lint filter, I put the lint in the trashcan. Now, in our house, Mike's in charge of trash. So I assumed (incorrectly) that he would take it out eventually.

But he didn't. And so I just kept squashing it down, and now there's about six months' worth of lint in there begging to be taken out. But I'm not going to do it. And he's not going to do it. And we both know it. And now... it's just a waiting game to see who cracks first.

I'll keep you posted. (See, you two, we're still crazy... we're just crazy in balmy weather.)

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, February 14, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

I love those stories and you all!! Don't give in Chel.

Love Mandy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 AM  

Oh, I'm not giving in! But I suspect that when my grandmother drives down here from Arkansas to stay for a week, she'll toss that lint in a heartbeat.

By Blogger Chel, at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment