Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, February 20

It's been a really long day today, so I've just got some random thoughts.

Linda, I gave blood again today. It's not my favorite activity, but I can't think of a legitimate reason not to give, and since I know you can't any longer, I'm sorta giving on your behalf. For the record, your arm is still bleeding. Apparently, I'm a good bleeder... a 'textbook four minutes' was what they said.

My day was really difficult at work. I was out yesterday with the kids, and things just kept piling up. I was completely overwhelmed. A co-worker made a sincere and well-meant comment that nearly had me in tears. Of course, once I got past the near-tears part, I was annoyed and more determined than ever. I have to bear in mind that I've only been on the job for two weeks now.

The necklace that I made and donated to Food For The Poor was auctioned off this month and brought $90! That's way more than I would charge for a necklace, so I was just delighted to hear that someone thought it was worth that. I haven't made anything since before Christmas, so maybe this is the encouragement I need to make something new.

Lastly, today's Dilbert made me laugh... that I could do without being overwhelmed or frustrated or confused and near-tears. I keep trying to remember that I was really good at my previous job and that if I hang in there, maybe I can be good at this one, too.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, February 20, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

90 bucks! You go!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Thanks. I need to get busy making some new stuff... I'll send you something.

By Blogger Chel, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment