Chasing Contentment

Monday, February 5

So, this weekend, we painted. And it was fabulous. I was thinking as I was painting the kids' bathroom that, even though I'm no artist (and I know artists... my brother, Aleece, Kate... so I'm well aware of my limitations), I do love the possibility of a blank wall and a fresh coat of paint. Do you think God felt that tingle of excitement when He began His creation?

I can only imagine what my artist friends feel when they look at a blank canvas or piece of wood (my brother does phenominal burnings) ready to be turned into something new and different.

And there is such a feeling of accomplishment to peel off that blue tape and see that crisp new line of color (all of the credit for the straight lines goes to Mike, my blue tape guy). I wonder how much more pleased God must have been when He paused to survey His wondrous works.

Today, I finally started the job they hired me to do back in August. It was a really long, hard day, but I made it through. Now, I left the building behind, and I'm sure that by tomorrow, I'll be further behind. But I did it. And I am blessed to have other Christians in my section, which makes this latest transition a bit easier than the previous ones.

We're settling in really well these days... moving past just feeling at home and moving toward finding a church home and a sense of community. But still, it felt really good this weekend to accomplish the painting, to begin and end a project... not to mention having Eliza walk into her pink room and whisper, 'ooh, pretty.'

And while I'm way too tired to continue with anything tonight, I'm hoping to get Mike started taping another room tomorrow so I can continue the painting process. I think that once I manage to get this entire house painted in my colors and in my way, and once we get our new lime tree planted outside, we'll be at home.
That feeling of home, of being wrapped in God's love and in my family's love and in the love of those close to us, that is what I pray for this family.

But for now, I've got a few photos of Eliza's room before I go to sleep.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, February 05, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

We love the room, and Eliza is so cute in that apron! We're glad you guys are finally starting to feel at home, but we miss having you at ours. Hope your second day is better than your first. Love you guys!

Joshua, Mandy & Olivia

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

When Olivia's bigger, I'll send her an apron, too, so she can cook with Josh. And a gift certificate to the Chili's so she can cook with you!

By Blogger Chel, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment