Chasing Contentment

Saturday, March 17

Sometimes I think I just have to choose to rest in the comfort of believing that something is God's will, even if it isn't so pleasant at the time. That belief that God is working in my life - maybe through my life - can make a situation tolerable when it feels less than.

I worked for 15 years in a Christian environment (though without a doubt, not everyone acted in a Christian manner), and when we moved, I prayed that God would place me in a different environment so He could use me to touch the people around me. He did just that, but I hadn't realized how hard it would be.

In that previous job, I had done public relations, and I prayed that God would allow me to do something different that would use my PR skills but would also allow me to expand beyond that. He did just that when he gave me this particular job, but I had no idea how hard it would be to learn such vastly different activities.

So here I am, working in exactly the situation I requested from God and not being so happy in it. But I do know that God wouldn't have given me what I requested if the request hadn't been planted in my heart by Him.

I applied and interviewed for several PR jobs once we moved here, and I was certainly qualified for each one. But I wasn't offered any of those. And I was offered this job almost immediately. So I know that God has me in this job for a purpose.

This week was really hard at work. I'm behind - which I personally hate - and I'm tired of not knowing exactly what to do (it's a little demoralizing to go from being really good at something to not), and I'm tired of people yelling at me on the phone (though I am getting better at it).

But I keep reminding myself that this is where God put me, and I do believe deeply in His plans ... and that they are far better than my plans for myself and that, quite often, they are beyond my understanding at the moment.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, March 17, 2007  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment