Chasing Contentment

Monday, March 12

Today, I'm tired and discouraged and in a not-so-swell mood. My throat is sore, and I'm struggling with some things in my head (which Mike says happens way too often), and I'm not quite sure what to do about those things (for the sore throat, I just took a Sudafed - which annoys me now that I have to buy it behind the counter, but that's another story).

I've always tried really hard on this blog to be very transparent about who I am and what I'm feeling. (I've always, also, been very vague about the work I do and where I do it. I'm not stupid, you know.) Anyway, I'm struggling with these things, and I can't decide whether or not to say them here, to express them in this way. That feels ... well, like I would be too vulnerable.

And yet, that's what I seek to show... that, at least for me, the Christian faith has immeasurable strength thanks to our Lord even while I have equally immeasurable weakness. And I think that's okay. But this particular weakness is one... well, I can't decide about putting it out there.

Sorry for the vagueness. I'm going to think about how to best address this, both in my life and on this blog. But for now, Mike just got home with a Diet Coke for me, and I haven't had one in hours now. (I know, I'm addicted. Whatever.)

[  posted by Chel on Monday, March 12, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Chel, hope whatever it is, that you, your head, and God of course (!), can work this one out :) Glad you got your D Coke :) I know how I am with my coffee and Diet Dr Peppers. (((hugs)))

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 PM  

Even if you never mention another word of this "situation" you are in, you have already shown that your faith is strong and that God is working in your life in so many ways. If you want to, say it, but know that your life has already been an amazing testimony to many and that you have reached people you will probably never know about! Say it only for yourself and if it helps you. That is the intent of the blog. Your faith has already been exhibited in many ways for a long time now. I am proud of you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment