Chasing Contentment

Saturday, March 31

We had a wonderful time with my grandparents this week, and they seemed to enjoy themselves as well. My grandmother got great play time with Eliza, which is really precious to me. I've been blessed to have been able to be close to all four of my grandparents... I was in my 30s before I lost either of them. And they all got to meet and love Griffin, though my Bud and Gran never got to meet Eliza.

Anyway, I digress.

We're being lazy tonight. Eliza's already in bed, and the rest of us are watching the 20th Anniversary Kids Choice Awards. We even voted on who should be slimed.

And we're trying to figure out what to do next weekend for my birthday. The sadness surrounding this move of ours comes in waves, usually around big events. Mandy's birthday is the day before mine, and we always celebrated together, and this year we won't. I think we're both pretty bummed about that.

So I keep trying to think of something fun for us to do. I wanted to go to the beach, but since it's Easter weekend, we can't find an open room anywhere. And we can't afford to pop over to Disney for the weekend. I considered the Nick Hotel, but we haven't decided that for certain.

I received some remarkably touching comments regarding my body image posts, and I'll write about those tomorrow. Now, as long as I'm being lazy, I've got to go update my Netflix list.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, March 31, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Hey Chel, when is your birthday exactly? I hope you have a wonderful time. If I were in FL like I was suppose to be, I would pop over and spend some time with ya :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment