Chasing Contentment

Friday, March 9

Well, we've made it through another really long week, and we're delighted to have reached the weekend. Our niece and nephew are spending the weekend with us, so the kids are playing while Mike and I chill out a bit.

I've promised them a nighttime, glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt, so the girls... one of them... keeps bugging me about it, but she's underestimated my ability to wait her out.

And since it's Friday, and I don't much feel like blogging about all of the things I keep thinking "I should blog about that," I'll answer Tammy's fresh friday for today.

1. Five foods you can't stop eating... chocolate, Dibs, chips and salsa and queso, fresh strawberries, Hot Tamales
2. Five things you have to do every day or you will GO NUTS... have several Diet Cokes, hug & kiss Mike and the kids, check my email, read the comics (even though it kills my journalist Mike that some days I read the comics but not the front page), and wash my face before bed
3. Five things you must have in your home (no points for bed, tv, fridge, etc.)... Books, TV Guide, candles, colored walls, Diet Coke
4. Five smells that make you happy... cinnamony Christmas candles, fresh chocolate chip cookies, puppies, new babies, Lush candy bar bath bar
5. Five things that get you through the day... Mike's love and strength, faith that God really is in control, the promise of slipping into our heavenly bed with Mike at the end of the day, Diet Coke (sometimes in combination with Advil)

Clearly, I see a Diet Coke pattern. I think I'll go get fresh ice, squeeze a lime onto it and crack open a fresh DC.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, March 09, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Yup - sure can see the pattern of Diet Coke :)...Very cool that you stopped by at the party (I know, I am a week behind - sorry)...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment