Chasing Contentment

Saturday, April 14

As a birthday present to me, Chuck and Stacy are keeping both of our kids all weekend this weekend. I'm positive I've never heard this house this quiet!

Last night, Mike and I went to the local My Girlfriend's Kitchen for their monthly Date Night and had a ball. The meals look yummy, and I don't have to do anything but bake them to turn them into dinners, which is a working mom's dream. And we wandered a bookstore and just had a lovely time together.

Then, we stayed up late watching tv and slept until 10 this morning. I'm pretty sure I haven't slept that late since before Griff was born. Mike's busy reading the paper - his journalistic little heart all aflutter because Eliza's not stomping on his paper demanding his attention - and I'm planning what we should do with our day.

What a fabulous gift!

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, April 14, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Oh my goodness, how GREAT!!! You deserved it!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment