Chasing Contentment

Sunday, April 22

I work in a call center environment, and we sit in little cubie things with several of us really close together. My desk mate was sick all week last week, and by Friday, I felt not so swell myself. By this morning, I felt horrible and was at the walk-in clinic by 9...before anyone else was even out of the bed.

During the limited amount of time today that I haven't been in a drug-induced sleep, I've been worried about whether or not to go to work tomorrow. I'd rather do most anything but talk today, and I have no idea how I'd talk my way through the day tomorrow. But I also know that when I left Friday, I was behind, and if I miss tomorrow, I'll be even more behind. This job doesn't really allow for any missed time, and so I'm torn as to what to do.

My throat was so swollen and raw that the doctor put me on a liquid/soft food diet for a few days to help it out. Can I tell you how excited I was to hear the ice-cream truck song this afternoon? The kids and I stood at the end of the drive-way and waited. It was a fabulous ice cream sandwich.

I have to admit, the ice cream truck that comes around regularly is a nice part about living here. The walk-in clinic doctor who's all business and is there all the time and is quick to give out a steroid is another nice thing.

Now, if I could just figure out what to do about work tomorrow. And how to convince the rest of my family that what we need for dinner is mashed potatoes.

[  posted by Chel on Sunday, April 22, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

(((hugs))) I really hope you are feeling better, Chel.

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:40 AM  

Thanks. I don't feel great, but I'm better. And I'll take that.

By Blogger Chel, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment