Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, April 3

It was a long day at work, and I'm tired. I am, however, beginning to feel like I'm not completely horrible at this. And I figure that's a step in the right direction.

But since it was a long day, we're having an easy night. We're watching "Flushed Away" care of Netflix, and we're having Moe's, our new favorite take-out place. We'll settle in tonight and watch "American Idol" and the Astros game, and Mike's going to find a place for all of us to go when his dad and his wife come to visit next month. We're all - and I mean all of us! four kids, six adults - going to the beach, and I do love the beach. Well, the Gulf side, at least. The Atlantic side is just too cold for me. I like a nice, warm sultry beach.

I've been talking about my birthday (Easter Sunday, since you asked, Val), and I remembered today one reason I love my April birthday. There are so many friends birthday-ing along with me. Linda and I surprised Aleece with an early birthday present yesterday, and she seemed delighted. And I LOVE to do that! There's nothing quite as much fun as giving a wonderful and unexpected gift.

(When things aren't quite right with my soul, I try to remember that Christ gave us the most wonderful and unexpected gift. And then I try to remember that what I do with that gift is up to me.)

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, April 03, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

I loved your last comment in ( ). Precious and true!

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment