Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, April 10

It's dreary and rainy here...an odd thing here in Florida, from what I can tell from our short time here. But the grey skies match my bleak mood.

I keep thinking that I should blog something, but I'm just tired and cranky and not really finding anything worthwhile to mention. Or anything that doesn't sound too whiney to mention.

Work's hard. I'm getting better at this job all the time, but it's still difficult. And the amount of work this job requires is something I'm not accustomed to... I'm just not quite to the point where I'm comfortable with having to work a night or more a week just to not be farther behind. I'm not sure it's possible in this job to get ahead. And that wears on me.

I've now turned 37, and I can say quite honestly that I haven't had a birthday quite like that since my 30th. Mike's brother and his family met us for dinner, and that was the high point of the day. Mandy sent me a new cow... Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, to remind me that there's no place like home.

And so... here I am, tired and cranky. We're going to have a big fruit salad and some Catch A Man dip for dinner. We'll watch "American Idol" and try to ease into a happier frame of mind by tomorrow.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, April 10, 2007  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

Happy Happy Birthday:)
Lizzie

By Blogger A Dusty Frame, at 7:40 PM  

Yes, happy birthday. Sorry i called so late.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 10:42 PM  

It will be a much sunnier day tomorow. Put your feet up, take a deep breath and say "ahhhhh" :c)

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment