Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, April 3

Oh! I almost forgot. Today's the first day of the 30 Day Organizational Challenge over at Organizing Junkie. From what I gather, the goal is to take one room or space and reorganize it in 30 days... yep, gathered that myself. :)

So I'm going to do the garage. We've never had a garage - obvious by the way Mike still refers to it as 'the shed.' And this garage isn't big enough for either of our vehicles to fit inside. (My grandfather did measure when they were here, and technically there is enough room for my van with about 6 inches extra space. Mike, having seen me drive, rightly assumes that's not enough extra.)

So it's sort of a holding place for stuff. But's messy stuff. And I have these great ideas of what I'd like it to be like. Now, I don't have enough money to do it according to my ideal vision, but I'm prepared to modify the ideal to fit my ability.

This is what it looks like now, facing into the garage. We'll see what these same angles look like in a month.

This side has the lawn equipment and the water slide, with boxes and boxes of holiday stuff at the back.

A close-up of the lawn equipment (though I'm not sure of my reasoning for needing this shot).

And this one is of the other side, the one with all of Mike's tools and the recycling bins.

So, good luck to me. (Well, and to Mike who will have to do lots of helping.)

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, April 03, 2007  ]
[   4 comments  ]


4 Comments:

Sending you lots of good vibes and good luck wishes on your challenge! Bet you'll have a fabulous space in 30 days!

By Blogger Debi, at 5:55 AM  

Your garage looks/looked like ours :) We've been organizing ours since last year so I didn't think it was fair to use it for the challenge. It sure is a lot of work. Good luck to you!!

By Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen), at 5:56 AM  

Well, I know it's a big project, but I'm hoping it works out. Even if I don't manage to obtain the 'ideal,' anything's got to be bette than this!

By Blogger Chel, at 2:39 PM  

Hello! I love when you said "I'm prepared to modify the ideal to fit my ability". Awesome!

Have fun purging and thanks for participating in the challenge :)

Laura

By Blogger Laura, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment