Chasing Contentment

Friday, May 18

Today is a fabulous day!

My friend, Tara, is graduating from pharmacy school this weekend, and I am so very proud of her. She's one of the smartest women I know... talented and driven, dedicated and confident. She'll be an amazing assistance to countless people in her new profession, I'm sure.

And my friend, Aleece, is flying here for the weekend! I can hardly wait! I've been very blessed this year to have been able to go back to La. twice (once to meet Aleece's new daughter and once to meet Mandy's new daughter) and to have friends like Mandy, Josh, and Aleece come visit me.

One of the lovely things about old friends is that they know you and accept you just where you are. And if where I am at the moment is with a puffy black eye (an ugly visit to the dermatologist this morning) and angry at God, so be it. There are very few things in life as precious as being accepted for who you are in any given moment.

And for those keeping track, I've also been blessed to have two good friends email me about my angry at God post and affirm that it's okay to be angry with God while still believing in Him and His will.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, May 18, 2007  ]
[    ]