Chasing Contentment

Thursday, June 7

We were alerted today at work of another meeting tomorrow and another round of goals and deadlines that I'm quite sure I cannot meet without working obscene hours between now and next Thursday. I told Mike tonight that we need to discuss what I will do... at this point, I'm seriously looking at needing to make a conscious decision about how I will proceed.

I either decide to do what it takes - including working all of the necessary hours - to get the job done the way management wants it done or I have to decide to do what I can while working as hard as I can for as many hours as are feasible for my family.

And because Mike would prefer to addres everything by not addressing it, and I'm too tired at the moment to push the issue, we're watching the season finale of "House" on TiVo instead. Maybe after it's over.

Mike has been pretty fabulous with all of this, though, I have to admit. When I was finally able to admit that neither God nor I was angry in this (let's hope I'm right on the God not being angry with me thing), I was able to ask Mike to pray for us when I couldn't. And each night, he said a prayer over me, for me. And that was precious beyond words.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, June 07, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

That is amazing, Chel. I wish my hubby would be more open about his praying.

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment