Chasing Contentment

Monday, July 9

Both of the kids are finally in bed (though Eliza's still awake making shadows on the walls with her tiger flashlight), and Griff seems to be feeling better, thankfully. The pediatrician said it was a virus. Mike says Griff probably picked up some germs at the interactive science museum yesterday, which makes perfect sense.

I'm not feeling great, but I'm taking all of the vitamins and meds I can possibly take, so I'm hopeful that I'll feel better tomorrow. I have to go to work tomorrow regardless, so I really hope we all get a good night's sleep tonight.

Pretty much the only productive thing I've done today is bid on several cameos on Ebay. I was asked to donate another piece of jewelry to Food for the Poor, and I've got this idea in my head of what I want to do, but I need to find a vintage (but reasonably priced) cameo.

Mike's gone to get me more tissues and something cold for my throat, and then he'll watch the Home Run Derby while I sleep.

Tonight I am thankful -- for a phenominal husband... for funny, unexpected cards in the mail from friends... for cold Starbucks drinks... for antibiotics, even if they do make my tummy unhappy... for two very-Lysoled bathrooms... for pretty stormclouds... for the feeling of being loved.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, July 09, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

You and I are so much alike in so many ways. :) The being thankful for the little things . . . I just love it.

Have missed ya!! I am slowly making my way to my friends' blogs! It's great to "see" you again!

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment