Chasing Contentment

Thursday, September 20

My little brother is seven years younger than I am, and not so little any longer. Like all of us, he's all grown up with a family of his own. He's an artist masquerading as a banker. He's funny and sweet and way responsible.

One of the on-going topics of our teasing is that he's the 'golden boy' of our family, the child who could do no wrong. My parents rarely speak with me and not give me some glowing report of something exceptional he has done. (Me, not so much. But that's another story.)

The thing is... they are completely right. He's got this fabulous life going on, and he's turned into this wonderful man with this wonderful wife and son. I admire him.

He and his family are in the midst of a very difficult situation, one in which many people would respond from the gut and move in a completely emotional state. And those would be completely understandable responses. But he's working so hard to make sure that all of his responses are pure and Godly. And I am deeply impressed.

And I pray that a touch of 'golden' works in his favor this week.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, September 20, 2007  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Awww. Sounds tough. Hopefully everything gets better. I'll pray for them. :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 4:28 AM  

Oh, I know what you mean...my bro isn't golden in the behavior department but definitely in the talent department! Praying he gets thru this situation quickly!

By Blogger ohAmanda, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment