Chasing Contentment

Sunday, September 30

This is for Mandy, who says she misses our crazy stories.

We decided to be lazy today...skipped church, had homemade waffles at 10, and watched the last game Craig Biggio will ever enjoy as a player. Mike's got the grill going, some chicken smoking, and we're all liking the lazy.

Until I showered late in the day and discovered my ankles covered in water. It's a deep shower stall... short though I am, my ankles should never been plunged into water with near-empty shampoo bottles floating past.

So I called Griff from his homework to call Mike from the grill so Mike could come look at my little flood and make an unhappy face. As it turns out, apparently, all of our pipes are connected in some unhappy little collaboration under the house. And our daughter seems incapable of using the bathroom without a half a roll or so of toilet tissue.

Which she discovered wouldn't flush. And she was so excited about the prospect of water coloring her feet while Mike was grilling (a whole other story) that she didn't bother mentioning that to anyone.

So Mike leaves the grill, grabs his trusty snake and heads outside to do his plumber thing. I slipped the stained glass aside to open the window (pretty, isn't it? My late grandmother gave it to my mother who didn't like it, so she gave it to me. How could someone not like this?!) and out jumped a tiny frog. A frog in my bathroom!


Mike stops working with the snake to work with Griff to get the frog out of the bathroom (an unsuccessful endeavor to this point... if I squish a frog under my foot in the middle of the night, I swear I'll snap).

Now... Mike's snaking pretty much any drain in the house, and he's got me pouring boiling water into said drains (how eco-friendly is he?!). Of course, before I could do that to the toilet in the kids' bathroom, I had to arm myself with huge trash bags up to my elbows and remove the offending ... ahem, items, as it were... along with massive amounts of toilet tissue. Ick.

The chicken burned, of course, and I've ordered pizza.

What was Eliza doing during all of this?
Yep, that's my baby with a green, plastic collander on her head talking on her cell phone in the tub. You know, to get the water colors off her feet.

[  posted by Chel on Sunday, September 30, 2007  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

I said it was a nice day to be out in the garden! Not all in tubs and showers with boiling water ( very friendly) and water colors! Now get out and plant some flowers happy frekin people! So much for a lazy day eh.

Oh, did I ever show you the snake birds? Sounds like one of those critters you'd love.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 PM  

She must get her love of the bathtub from her mama!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:33 AM  

I prefer nearly-burning hot water and a book to a collander and a plastic cell phone, but yeah, she's clearly mine. :)

By Blogger Chel, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment