Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, November 21

Happy Thanksgiving a few hours early. Our visit with my folks is going very well, and we are all thankful. Mike's got his turkey brining over night, and we're gonna watch the Macy's Parade in the morning before putting up the Christmas decorations tomorrow afternoon.

Thanksgiving is my mother's favorite holiday and my least favorite (we won't explore any hidden meanings there). For me, Thanksgiving is a portal to Christmas. And since I was so depressed last year at Christmas, we're all really excited about this holiday season.

But for tomorrow, in honor of my mom's fave holiday, I'm thankful for...
my kids
Mike
our families
love
friends
chocolate
Starbucks
books
Tivo
freedom.

Trust me, this is no where near a comprehensive list. I should probably include my salvation, but I figure that goes without saying. Happy Day to everyone.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, November 21, 2007  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Great list. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

By Blogger Alexis Jacobs, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment