Chasing Contentment

Monday, November 5

In Louisiana, they have a word that means a little something extra... lagniappe. Whenever you get a surprise or a freebie with something or a little extra shrimp in your gumbo, that's lagniappe.

I've got lots of things I've been thinking about and meaning to post, but I haven't had nearly enough time. And as I go make my sister-in-law's belated birthday present, I don't have much extra time tonight either.

But there were a few things I thought I'd post... a little lagniappe to tide over my four readers until one night this week when I have a bit of extra time.

A belated birthday to Josh...happy, happy. This is Olivia and Josh at Disney with us.


Griff successfully made it through both of his MRIs last week, and we're awaiting the results, feeling pretty confident that this isn't a neurological problem and that we'll be able to work with an orthopaedist to help him.

Words like "chauffer" are hard for nine-year-olds to spell, even if they are in his gifted spelling list for this week.

In the last month, I've sold one necklace/earrings set and donated two others. One will be auctioned at (my sister-in-law) Stacy's work as part of a silent auction to raise money for teacher bonuses at Christmas and another will be given as a give-away at another blog here in the next week or so. Now, if I could just get a few more orders to help with Christmas presents.

Josh updated the jewelry site for me, and it looks great. A big thank you to him.

And I'm deep into some icky thoughts about my body image, so I thought I'd try to combat those with a cute picture of me and Eliza at Halloween. Enjoy. You can tell it's us because we've both got the fake red hair.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, November 05, 2007  ]
[   5 comments  ]


5 Comments:

That little Eliza is such a cutie!!! That is a great picture of the both of you!!!! Good to see you!!!!

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 9:17 PM  

Praying about the MRI's.

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 9:18 PM  

Praying for you, as always. Love the photos! :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:37 AM  

What a very cute picture, Chel. Love it! You both are adorable.

I am crossing my fingers on the MRI's. And Wow, Josh and Oivia look so much alike!! Happy b-day to him!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:20 PM  

Hey, ran across this book on a friend's site and it sounds like something you'd like. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1562928376/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img/002-2608662-5682409

By Blogger Bro. Craig, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment