Chasing Contentment

Monday, January 14

I don't need to be the best. I'd like to be my best. But sometimes, it's hard to even accomplish that. I had a hard day at work Friday, and I've had a hard time bouncing back.

In my former life, I was good at my job (at least that's the way I remember it). And in this life, I'm not. I'm getting better (or I thought so before Friday), and I swear I'm working hard at it. But Friday afternoon, my supervisor told me that my scores weren't good enough and that she was putting me on a coaching plan (which is my workplace-speak for gotta get better or gonna get the invitation to find another place of employment).

So maybe it's not that bad. But it's not good. And it was so disappointing to me to think that I thought I was getting better only to discover that maybe not. Now, my scores aren't bad, but they're not good, I guess. Anyway, discouraging.

Several of the sweet girls who are in my section are up for promotion, and when they get promoted, I'll miss them a fair bit. They really are the only Florida friends I have. Again, discouraged.

And we returned to the unanswered question of why... out of all of the requests I've made to God through the years... why He chose to answer my prayer to work in a secular environment doing something new and different. Well, now that I've been doing this for a year or so now, I have to say that new and different sucks. And working with other Christians is way underrated. Still on the discouraged.

So anyway, it's my discouraged week. And I'm trusting that next week will be better.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, January 14, 2008  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Great big huge gigantic (((((hugs))))), Chel.

We all have these weeks, and I'm sorry you're having one now. I think we all question this . . . "why?" . . . and it really does suck not knowing. I don't have an answer, as nobody does, but just remember all the positive things and great amazing things you do have in your life that you can be thankful for . . . health, your children, husband, home, and friends :c) More (((hugs))).

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment