Chasing Contentment

Sunday, January 6

I've done some thinking, and I've come to the same conclusion I always do when I reconsider the subject of blogging... I want to continue to blog for myself, not necessarily for tons of people to read (which is good, since I think I have about four readers). Blogging is an easy way for me to think through some of the things going on in our lives, and it's way easier than a diary (think of how green it is... all that paper saved).

But just like I enjoy moving the furniture around in the house periodically, I'd like to get a new blog design every now and then. My problem, of course, is that I'm an idiot when it comes to all things techhie. So I'm trying to decide if I stay with Blogger or move to WordPress. And what sort of new look do I want? What images would reflect me?

Anyway... if anyone has any suggestions, I'm more than open to them.

[  posted by Chel on Sunday, January 06, 2008  ]
[   6 comments  ]


6 Comments:

Hi Chel~
That's why I blog, too. It's just a way for me to talk to myself without anyone thinking I'm nutso. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 AM  

Why, thank you so much for your comment! You might add one to the four who read my blog regularly! :)

By Blogger Chel, at 3:04 PM  

I love your sunflower:) but I understand the need for changing things up too:)

By Blogger A Dusty Frame, at 2:18 PM  

I like the sunflower, too. I just think I'm ready for something new. And I found the grooviest template for WordPress, but I'm still trying to figure it all out. At some point, I'll admit failure and have my friend, Aleece, do it for me. She did this one, God bless her. I'm very blessed to be surrounded by talented people. :)

By Blogger Chel, at 4:17 PM  

I love blogger as far as blogging goes. You should talk to Val about a redesign. she does an awesome job.

By Blogger Alexis Jacobs, at 9:32 PM  

Awww, Alexis is awesome (thank you, AJ). I have a blogger account and a typepad. I really like typepad better for the "look" and simplicity of the site itself, but I like blogger better for the ease of use. Both, really, are about the same when it comes to design ease for me. I don't know anything about wordpress. But what I do know is, you'll probably get more hits if you leave blogger. Please do let me know what I can do for you and we'll start working on it! :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment