Chasing Contentment

Wednesday, February 27

Griff's been having some trouble with his spelling homework of late. He hasn't had trouble doing it. Or passing the tests. He has trouble remembering to turn it in. And so, for several weeks, he's taken little to no credit for work he's done properly simply because he didn't turn it in on time.

So I told him that every Sunday evening before bed (we do his spelling on Sunday afternoons), he would give me his iPod. And I would give it back when his teacher emailed me saying she had received the spelling.

Every day, they have to write journal entries. Today, his entry was:
Would you please sign that I turned in my spelling? Sorry. I'm a 21st Century boy and I need my iPod back.

I laughed out loud at work when I read the email.

[  posted by Chel on Wednesday, February 27, 2008  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

Hi there, Chel. Remember me? I'm back posting again after a long break. Don't you love your iphone? I got mine last fall and have so much fun with it. Your son's comments about the ipod sound like something my daughter (also 4th grade) would say! Have a great day.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 AM  

A boy after my own heart!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment