Chasing Contentment

Saturday, February 2

It's been an exceptionally long week. Thankfully, it's been a blissfully slow Saturday. I'm especially grateful these days for slow, lazy days.

Here's my quick recap of our last week or so... such as it is...
Griff --
We took Griff to Tampa on Monday to meet the pediatric orthopaedist, and she recommended surgery to lengthen his heel cords. She explained that the dramatic worsening we've noticed over the last year or so is directly related to Griff growing. And the more he grows, the tighter those heel cords will get and thus, the worse his toe walking and leg pain will get.

So sometime in May, he'll have the surgery. He'll be in walking casts for six weeks and then will require physical therapy for several additional weeks. He was okay with it at the doctor's office - even discussed with the PA the scientific aspects of it - but then was just terrified that night. After that one night, though, he seems fine.

Work --
Work is still lousy. It was so bad that I called Mike and left a voice mail for him Thursday while he was in class telling him that if my supervisor yelled at me one more time, I was handing in my badge and leaving. I'm sure he loves the sobbing voice mails in which I tell him I might quit.

I made it through the day and returned on Friday. Friday morning, I went to see the manager - to whom my supervisor reports - and requested a change to another supervisor. I'm not a complainer... not interested in making any waves... not one to go against an authority figure... so that was really hard for me to do. The manager, though, was kind and receptive. She listened to my concerns and scheduled a meeting with the rest of my team (without our supervisor) to hear their concerns. She also asked - and I agreed - that I not quit until after the meeting on Tuesday.

Church --
After swearing I would never again attend a church in the denomination we have always attended, I've agreed to visit one tomorrow. This church is in a bit of a sub-set of that denomination, so Mike's hopeful, but I admit that I still have my doubts. But I know that we need to be involved in a church somewhere, so we might as well try this.

I'm trying really hard to get back into the habit of reading my Bible, of praying, of just being in communication with God. I know that I've been missing that. And I know that as I continue in this job and in this new place, I really need that.

[  posted by Chel on Saturday, February 02, 2008  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

Sounds like you have had alot of soul searching the past week. Good luck with the meeting and I hope church went well.

By Blogger Alexis Jacobs, at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment