Chasing Contentment

Monday, March 17

Last week was exhausting. I worked 55 plus hours at work and then came home to try to hang out with Mike and the kids, plus trying to get through the 1500 or so blog posts at the Ultimate Blog Party (it's been great, and I'll let you know when I finally make it through them all).

So here's a quick update on us...
** I'm behind at work, but I'm catching up. And I'm proud of my efforts. And despite my previous supe's suggestions to the contrary, I did get a raise. We all got our letters today, and I was pleasantly surprised.

** My new supervisor is a delight. Now, eventually, I may discover that I'm not loving him so much. But right now, it's such a difference from my last supe that I'm just so stunned at the lack of yelling that I'm ... loving it.

** We live like pigs. But I'm adjusting. No one else seems to mind.

** Eliza's refusing to go to bed these days. She's sitting here now at 9:11 p.m. watching "Two and a Half Men" with us. (I'm convinced she's too young to know what's going on.) She's exhausted, barely blinking, dazed. But she refuses to go to sleep, dang it.

** We met someone down the hill from us who has kids about our kids' ages. Mike thinks the husband may be one of the mechanics at his new favorite auto shop. Saturday, we took the kids, along with Eliza's friend, Haylie (from the daycare), and Haylie's mom to the movies. It would be really nice to make some friends. I've been missing the girls - and one guy - in my old section, and I thought today, "we should have a cookout and have them over." And how exciting!! That's the first time I've had that thought in two years. Things are getting better here.

** And last, but not nearly least, my stylist went on maternity leave, and I've got bad hair. I hate bad hair.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, March 17, 2008  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

Sounds like you have alot on your plate right now. I hope you can get a break soon.

By Blogger Alexis Jacobs, at 6:54 PM  

I know a great hair stylist in your area. She is a perfectionist on cuts and color. I could send you the website if you are interested.

Congrats on your raise! What a blessing. I hope you get some rest soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 AM  

I'm excited for you about the cookout "thought". That's always a great thing. I'm having troubles making friends in our new area so I understand being excited about making new friends!

I'm sorry Eliza won't go to bed. We're dealing with the same thing with Maia :(

And I'm really really excited to hear you like your new boss. I know how hard work has been for you. . . Keep us updated!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment