Chasing Contentment

Monday, April 7

Happy Birthday, Mandy!
Yay, Mandy. We love you. And all the way over here in Florida, we're celebrating your day.

You are one of the strongest women I know. Your mom, of course, would also make my top five. You have a strong and earnest sense of right and wrong, and I've yet to find an underdog cause or person that you didn't defend. You embrace the peculiar and odd and encourage the wonderful qualities in those people. If everyone were a bit more like that, the world would be a better place.

You are brave and courageous. Your new-found hypocondria only serves to comfort those of us around you... reminding us that you can get rattled, too. Those brushes with our mortality shake us, change us. Olivia changed you in lovely ways, just like Josh did all those years ago (though, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that you were better for him... gotta remind him where my allegiance ultimately lies, right?).

You're funny (Griff's favorite thing about you) and smart and talented and kind and generous and just ... well, fabulous.



We love you. Happy Birthday.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, April 07, 2008  ]
[   1 comments  ]


1 Comments:

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Thanks so much.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment