Chasing Contentment

Tuesday, April 8

Happy birthday to me. It's been just lovely. Mike gave me the funniest gift this morning... I love the smell of fresh Play-doh, just opened, never touched. And he got me a Demeter fragrance (some of my favorites anyway) that smells like Play-doh. Really!



They surprised me at work with a Food Day, and several sweet folks dropped off gifts. I was SO surprised!! I honestly hadn't expected anything at all, so it was a fun change.

And while I love the gifts and the goodies, I'm mostly grateful for the opportunity of another year here with those I love. I am blessed beyond measure to have Mike and the kids, kind family, and precious friends.

In this next year, I want to work hard and get better at my job. I want to find a church that ministers to each of us, encouraging each of us to grow in Christ. I want to laugh.

A girl at work asked me yesterday what age I would freeze myself at if I could. I told her 27 was a good year for me, but that, in general, I'd have to say now. Not because things are all honey and goodness (of course, I don't much love honey, so I guess all chocolate and goodness) but because they are. And in this moment, simply being here and experiencing it is plenty much for me.

In this next year, I pledge to be grateful.

[  posted by Chel on Tuesday, April 08, 2008  ]
[   4 comments  ]


4 Comments:

Happy Birthday! Thanks for stopping by my Fashion Fiesta/BillyBob's classifieds.

By Blogger Jean, at 6:45 PM  

Happy Happy Birthday to you!
I'm glad it was wonderful:)

Lizzie

By Blogger A Dusty Frame, at 8:18 PM  

Happy Birthday!

Gratitude is huge! I look forward to reading about what you are grateful for in the next year.

Oh, and I love the title of your blog!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:24 PM  

Good Lord, where did he find the Playdoh fragrance? I would love that!
By the way, more cupcakes up! LOL
Thanks for looking at my blog!

By Blogger LeeAnn, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment