Chasing Contentment

Thursday, February 16

I've been thinking about friendship and the next Carnival of Beauty. I'm delighted to have this topic, as friendship is something close to my heart. I need friends around me, and those who love and support me are precious to me like little else.

I did a Technorati search of Chasing Contentment for 'friend' and came up with four pages worth of posts. 'Friends' in the plural sense netted five pages. Clearly, this is something I think and write about.

I'm not at all sure what my entry for next week will be, but I did pick out a few of my favorite friendship posts. (Here and here, too.)

Today, a friend is someone who prayed for me to sleep well last night and not have funny tummy this morning because she knew Mike was flying out early, early this morning for a meeting and that I get nervous with scheduling issues.

Today, a friend is someone who came to my house on her way to work, put on my bathrobe backwards to cover her office wear, and helped me squirt bright red medicine into my sickly toddler.

Today, a friend is a man who may have to come to my house tonight and do the medicine routine in his wife's stead.

Today, friends are a brother and sister-in-law praying for Mike's trip. Today, friends are far-away confidantes praying for my sanity with juggling my job, schedules, and the kids until Mike returns home.

"My friends are my estate." - Emily Dickinson

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, February 16, 2006  ]
[   2 comments  ]


2 Comments:

wow I jsut wrote an entry on my firends and what a bad friend I am in return. Then I see this. It only proves my point. I am not a good friend in spite of having many friends! I too made a list of things friends have done for me. I really really need to be better.

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 7:21 AM  

If you've read much here, you've read about me feeling like the 'doormat' friend, the one who's always there but not always appreciated. But I know that when I get past the purely emotional level those feelings represent, I know that all of my friends bring something unique and special to my life, regardless of the depth of their involvement in my life at any given time.

I'm sure your friends are blessed to have you in their lives, and they most likely value things about you that you don't even consider.

Hang in there!

By Blogger Chel, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment