Chasing Contentment

Monday, February 26

Our little family had a really long weekend, and so we're all worn out this evening. We're all kinda retreating to our own little areas tonight. Later this week, I'll write about some of the thoughts this weekend left me mulling over, but tonight, I'm just posting funny new home pictures.

I posted earlier about the crazy rug sales slogan at the store at our closest intersection, and now I've got pictures of two other local sites that crack me up... or freak me out, as the case may be.

There's this crazy car that usually comes out only on the weekends (today being a really great exception). It's covered with stick-on letters spelling out Bible verses and sayings, and it's got all of these figures and statues adhered to the vehicle. It's a hoot. Now, these pictures aren't close enough to be able to read the words on the car, but it's not easy taking a picture and driving, too.

And for those of you who are aware of my bird phobia, these are for you. For the rest of you who may not know, I'm terribly afraid of birds... all birds. I hate birds. And there are these huge, tall birds in the parking lot of my building at work. I've seen them pecking on people's cars! Freaks me out.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, February 26, 2007  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

LOL about the birds. What kind are they . . . look a bit like heron? Wait, you probably wouldn't know, would you? ;) :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:05 PM  

Nope, you're right... I have no idea. In my little circle, we call them 'the big scary birds,' but I'm guessing that's not what the bird books would say.

By Blogger Chel, at 6:14 PM  

chel- chuck says they are heron, just like val thought, but we like 'big, scary birds' better:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment