Chasing Contentment

Thursday, October 6

Two years ago today, I checked out of the hospital after an overnight stay. With seven weeks left in my pregnancy, I never would have guessed that I would check back in the next day and give birth to our Eliza.

Last year, I wrote posts on Eliza's first birthday and then on the day that I actually first met her.

Premature and sick babies are so frightening and unexpected (even when it's expected) and fragile. There are no words for the experience. We were among the lucky ones in the NICU... Eliza wasn't sick. I was. She was premature as a result of my illness, and her stay in the NICU was mainly about building up her weight until she met the minimum required to go home. We were fortunate beyond measure.

I read a gentleman's blog about his family's experience with a NICU infant. Their son, Ira, is four months old and still not home with his family. Someone arranged for a Prayer Pager for them, and I think it's a wonderful idea. I encourage everyone to take a moment, say a prayer for Ira and his family, and call the pager number to let them know. Prayer is a remarkably healing thing.

[  posted by Chel on Thursday, October 06, 2005  ]
[   0 comments  ]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment