Chasing Contentment

Monday, December 18

My Foundation
This week, I've written about how I've had trouble praying lately and about how I feel like the Israelites wandering in the wilderness. The difference, I suppose, between me and them is that I feel lonely and estranged from my God and yet I do not doubt Him.

I honestly don't know how people face death and disease and divorce and depression and any of the other things that pound on us through our lives without the grace of God's love. It really is the peace that comes from Him that allows me to say that I am content in this very moment even if I am not as happy as I'd like to be.

I find such comfort in my faith. There is such freedom in my salvation. I am able to be anything I want to be, anything I believe God is leading me to be because I fully and completely believe that if something is His will for my life, He will enable it. He will provide.

And this last year has been one of constant uncertainty and upheaval. I've had certain constants - Mike and the kids - but I've had more changes. The underlying foundation, though, of my life is one that never shifts with the changes of the seas of my life. God is stronger than anything I can imagine, and I am safe in His hands.

I cannot imagine a more blessed gift... or a better way to face this life.

[  posted by Chel on Monday, December 18, 2006  ]
[   3 comments  ]


3 Comments:

Sounding less and less like those ungrateful Israelites all the time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 AM  

The truth does set us free in so many ways.

'How firm a foundation ye saints of the Lord
Is laid for your faith in His excellent word
What more can He say than to you He has said?
You who unto Jesus for refuge have fled'

....and if you would like the rest of the hymn I'll mail it to you :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

We were discussing those Israelites in our bible study meeting a few nights ago. The Israelties knew God in such a tangible way - they had seen the Red Sea parted, they had followed the cloud and fire - yet they still turned away from God! I think if they could do it, anyone could. I think the difference here though is that you are trusting God to do what is best for you and to lead you home!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment