Chasing Contentment

Friday, March 2

Hi! Welcome to Chasing Contentment!

If you've come from the Ultimate Blog Party at 5 Minutes for Mom, I hope you're enjoying the party. I can hardly wait to get the kids in bed tonight, so I can party hop! (You know how hard it can be to party with a 3-year-old in nothing but her panties hanging on your leg and an 8-year-old watching a bunch of Disney shows & trying to confide in you about bullies at school.)

But since you're here now, I should tell you about me. I think that, way too often, when women describe themselves, they tell what they do rather than who they are. Or we list our roles in life rather than our qualities. Because it's easy to do that & frankly, none of us have enough time for much that's not on the easy path (Eliza ate Easter bunny marshmallows for breakfast because it was easier than insisting she eat cereal).

So here's the easy list of Chel...

What I do & the roles I play... mid-30s woman, wife, mother, employee, daughter, sister, co-worker, in-law, friend, beader, writer, tv junkie, chocolate addict, Diet Coke devotee

I've got two kids, a journalism professor husband, a new home in a new city in a new state and a new job that stretches me to the limits. I'm a Christian seeking to follow Christ to the best of my abilities, knowing that most days I'll fail miserably, thankful that God doesn't ask for success, only efforts.

And here at Chasing Contentment, I pretty much talk about those things. I blog to help myself sort through the things running through my head, and I blog to help those we love who are far away keep up with our crazy lives.

Be warned... I blog just as often about the big scary birds at my place of employment and about my love for Hot Tamales as about anything else. Like me in real life, me in cyber space is sometimes thoughtful and sometimes silly and sometimes just too darned tired to do much of anything.

If you really want to know more about me, you can see my 101 Things in 1001 Days list or 100 Wonderful Things About Me list. (I know... me, me, me.)

Go see my jewelry at CreatedbyChel or read my short story... let me know what you think.
Thanks for visiting... come again sometime. I've gotta go now & try to convince the little kid to go to bed and the big kid to read instead of watching "Hannah Montana" and the really big kid that if it rains tomorrow, we're not going to the Astros' Spring Training game.

[  posted by Chel on Friday, March 02, 2007  ]
[   23 comments  ]


23 Comments:

You're jewelry is great! My daughter's watchin Animal Planet as I write...

By Blogger Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads, at 5:43 PM  

Beautiful jewelry! Parker just zonked out so I am taking advantage of the time to do some party hopping myself!

By Blogger Tammy and Parker, at 5:50 PM  

Mine are both asleep too, so it's time to party hop!! :) Have fun!

By Blogger Cyndi, at 6:52 PM  

Hannah Montana...I'm repreived of that tonight as she is at her dad's.....

Great intro...your jewelry is beautiful... :)

Have a great time at the party!

Heather

By Blogger Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity}, at 6:55 PM  

Chel,
I'm so glad I got to know you better! I think we're alike in a lot of ways . . . :) Keep up the bloggin' . . . you do so great at it! :)

By Blogger Unknown, at 9:53 PM  

Hi Chel, thanks for stopping by my party blog. It's always nice to meet another allergy mom. Your kids are adorable and your jewelry is beautiful. I'm glad to meet you and I'm sure I'll be back to check in on you.

By Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen), at 6:13 PM  

I had a nice visit.Thanks for the fun.

By Blogger Leah Belle, at 7:18 PM  

Yeah, kids can get in the way of a party. LOL Loved the Easter candy for breakfast and your jewelry!

Thanks for stopping by my place and for the compliment. You made my day.:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 PM  

I figured I'd go to the best location.... I love your entry -- the writer in you sure knows how to describe you! I'm glad to call you friend! Miss you!!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:26 PM  

A chocolate addict - this I can relate to. We are serving chocolate beverages over at my party! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

Swinging in for the party...It was nice meeting you.

My second Party Gift give-away has begun come on over when you get a chance.

PARTY ON!!!!

By Blogger Monkey Giggles, at 4:40 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love meeting you and your family!

By Blogger Kari, at 6:12 PM  

Hi, Chel. Great to know you. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really enjoying your site, too. Have a great day!

By Blogger Corinne, at 6:30 PM  

Thanks for visiting. I see you are from Florida...I was born in Orlando and lived in the area for most of my life!! Happy partying!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Stopping over from the party! Great blog!

By Blogger Shelli, at 12:57 PM  

Hi Chel! Thanks for coming by my blog. I've changed out of my ball gown now, I'm just wearing jeans, cashmere sweater and brocade Chucks. Nothing as stylish as your working/not working outfit. (Well at least not as colorful.:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 PM  

Really neat blog layout! Keep up the good work!

By Blogger heidi @ ggip, at 5:25 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sort of starting to get into making jewelry. Your stuff looks great. I spy w/ my little eye Pampered Chef Simple Additions in your pic! Used to be a consultant, LOVE the stuff! :)

By Blogger Lissete, at 7:02 PM  

Thanks for stopping by...nice to meet you! I'll have to come back when I can browse longer.

By Blogger CG, at 5:37 AM  

wow, someone else who love hot tamales like i do! i literally cannot watch a movie in the theater without them. and i always buy the huge box so i'll have leftovers, and end up eating them all in one sitting.

By Blogger Carrie, at 6:05 PM  

Hi nice to meet you
I love the flower
blessings

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

Hello! Thanks for popping by my site. I love to "meet" others that love to organize! Love your bright cheery flower :)

Laura

By Blogger Laura, at 9:55 PM  

Hello! So nice to stop by and "meet" you =)
My kiddos are finally in bed, but I've been sneaking on blogs all day trying to meet as many new bloggers as possible!

By Blogger Brandie, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment