Chasing Contentment

Sunday, March 9

Hi, ya'll! Welcome to the party! I loved last year's Ultimate Blog Party, so I had to play again this year.

So, come on in... step over the clutter. I know that since it's the Ultimate Blog Party, I should have picked up a bit, but who has the time? We had the cousins this weekend, so the house looks a bit like... well, like there were four kids here all weekend.

Mine are the dark-headed ones. The cousins are the blondies.

But a good Southern girl like me knows that even if the guests have to step over the clutter, they should have something yummy to eat. I made a chocolate pie yesterday (my grandmother's recipe), so help yourself to whatever bits Mike and the kids didn't eat. I don't make the meringue pretty, but you'll lose yourself in the filling.

This is Hayden and our Eliza and the yummo pie.

My grandmother, now, she is a good cook. Come back around the holidays, and I'll offer you some of her famous Oreo truffles.

So, now that you've got some pie and a Diet Coke (I'm pretty sure I handed that to you as soon as you came into the house), have a look around. All of the artwork is original, painted mostly by my brother and my friend, Aleece. Kate sketched the nude of me, but we keep that in the master closet. Don't go there.

Mike's probably outside by the grill. He's very supportive of girly parties as long as he doesn't have to join. He's not much of a joiner. But he grills a fabulous hamburger, so stick around long enough & you've got dinner.

The kids are around here somewhere, though you've probably already met them. Griff probably tried to tell you a joke or suggest a Mythbusters experiment you could do with that Diet Coke. And I'm sure Eliza's already been talking to you, asking if you want to see her pink and more pink room.

Pink on pink, no joke.

So, now that you've seen the house, met the man and kids, and had some snacks, we should chat. I'm a working mom in my late 30s. I hate the clutter you had to step over, and I hate having to work as much as I do at my current job, and I hate big birds. But I love Starbucks and chocolate and laughing.

I'd be lost without good friends and soft pajama pants and my new iPhone. I've got about 204 days left in my 101 Things in 2001 Days.

I make beaded jewelry, and you can go through jewelry boxes of my creations at Created by Chel or at Etsy. My favorite thing is to have someone say they want this or that in this color and then I just get to play. Love that.



If you've never been here before, I'm pretty open and casual and love having friends over. Stop by again.

Now, shoo. I've gotta do a bit of laundry and eat a fudge bar and post-party things. Take care now.

Oh, and I forgot... thank you for your lovely hostess gift. What a delightful guest you've been. If I were to get a specific lovely gift, I think it would be one of these...

#20 -- a $50 gift certificate to Paperlicious.com (I love writing notes!)
#52 -- a Jendi Jean Bag - Eliza has this precious little pair of jeans I could use. I might just have to get one for my birthday even if I didn't win this.
#114 -- a $20 LUSH gift certificate from After a Cup of Coffee... Or Two. I mean, come on, who doesn't love LUSH?

[  posted by Chel on Sunday, March 09, 2008  ]
[   14 comments  ]


14 Comments:

Cute party Chel. Now you need to show some of the awesome jewelry you make. :)

Have fun at the party!

By Blogger Alexis Jacobs, at 4:54 AM  

Thanks for the pie and diet coke! Its so nice to meet you! If you get a chance hop on over to my place and party! Ive got hot chocolate and brownies!

By Blogger Carey, at 5:58 AM  

hey, welcome to the party and hope you're having a blast. Do call me Ivan Girl and I'm from Manila, Philippines.

I love your site - neat and refreshing. Pleased to meet you! Will definitely visit you again.

Do stop by my blog and join me for the party... :)
UBP 2008

Have Fun!

By Blogger Ivÿ, at 11:59 AM  

I heart Diet Coke!!! Oh, and Oreo Truffle pie? I've never had it. But I'm guessing that I heart that too! Thanks for the yummies!

By Blogger CC, at 7:13 PM  

Thanks for stopping by! Us working moms have to stick together. I can also see that your an LOLCAT fan from the post below, we will get along just fine. :)

By Blogger Jean, at 7:37 PM  

The pie looks very yummy. You don't live near central Florida by any chance?? I could run over and grab a slice. *grin* May I sit in the pink room while I eat it?? I love pink rooms!! I would paint the outside of our home pink if my husband would allow it. So far he's not going for it...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

thanks for visiting my party! glad i stopped by and got to know a bit about you and your family. :) your kids are adorable. and yum - what a tasty pie! hope you'll be back to my blog again for some green tips. *wink, wink*

By Blogger Crunchy Domestic Goddess, at 8:49 PM  

That pie looks *so* good! I look forward to getting to know you better...everything is so welcoming so far :)

Thanks for stopping by my place--I hope you'll be back!

By Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso, at 2:33 AM  

Jesse - I'm very much in Central Florida... we'll have to get together. :)

By Blogger Chel, at 7:20 PM  

I brought you some good Illinois wine and some Bath and Body Works for you to pamper yourself with :)

Great party! The pie is yum!!!!

Love Eliza's room. Can't have enough pink!

And I have to plug you, Chel. Ladies . . . her jewelry is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7:22 PM  

Hi Chel!
Happy blog party! Hope you are well! I'm still loving my necklace. I get so many compliments on it. And you were totally right about the strawberry lip balm... I'm hooked!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 AM  

Hello!
So glad you picked one of my bags as a top prize!
I'd be glad to make a bag out of Eliza's jeans; but only if you say so. :)

Love the monkey/dog picture. LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 PM  

GREAT party post! Beautiful jewelry! Thanks for stopping by my blog. BTW we are in southwest FL.

By Blogger Lisa, at 6:24 PM  

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

By Blogger Unknown, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment